These cards can also be used in so many different ways.
Given that they are so durable and flexible, plastic cards can be put to use in many different elements of your business. On top of their visual appeal, plastic cards can also be used to interact with machines.
Whatever you might need from them, custom printed plastic cards will deliver for you.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can prevent cards from ending up in the landfill by recycling old plastic cards.
- There are PVC cards available which are bio-degradable within a few years, when they come into contact with soil or composite materials.
- Any business wishing to lower its impact on the environment, should be using recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
Do you have questions about plastic cards for your business? Would you like a quote? Please fill out this form for a prompt response. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers have the same process, and making sure you get the right printer for the job necessitates an inventory of your specific needs.
We can help you find the perfect plastic card printer, at a price that you can afford. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from professional technicians
The widest range of printer brands and options.
Read candid product reviews from people just like you! Everyday low prices that can help you save up to 50 percent on printers. Count on our professional support before, during, and after the sale.
Top 5 Factors to Think about Before Purchasing an ID Card Printer
You don’t have to be overwhelmed while trying to buy an ID card printer—just think about these five key things to help simplify your search. 1. Single-sided printer or dual-sided printer
Most card printers can be purchased as either single or dual sided models.
Single-sided printers are less expensive, but you will be obliged to manually flip a card and print on the back side of the card. Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the simpler and more affordable option.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need printers with larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high yield ribbons.
Companies that only print small amounts can save money by purchasing a handfed only printer, or printers without high volume features. 4) Visible Security Elements and Lamination When you laminate an ID card, the durability and cost also increases, but lamination may be essential if the card will be handled or swiped on a regular basis.
Laminated cards also add enhanced security feature options, like holograms.
There are also less expensive ways to make a more secure card such as holographic card stock, holographic stickers, watermarks, and similar visual security features. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
If you need to connect your ID card printer to a Mac Computer, then choose a printer that has Mac compatibility. For connecting to a network to print using multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another name for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a plastic used in a wide range of products. It is usually thought of in terms of construction, but it is a common material for ID cards, as well. This means that a PVC card printer can really involve any kind of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
Any number of different methods can be used by PVC card printers to embed a design on an ID card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is the most common method of ID card printing and uses a ribbon, which has panels of the three primary colors (Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta) along its entire length.
When the card is being printed, heated elements in the print head pass over the ribbon, and evaporate the ink on the ribbon, thereby transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is very commonly used in conjunction with color PVC card printers, and when used with a black-and-white PVC card printer, it’s known as resin thermal transfer.
To download a brochure or to see a demonstration of how the Badgy Printer works, please go to:
In order to see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer, or to download a brochure, you can navigate to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST priced printer for color plastic cards on the market today.
You don’t need a dual-sided printer for printing on both sides of your cards.
You can use this single-sided printer, and flip the card over to print on the back side of the card.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy offers turnkey solutions, for both PCs and Mac computers. They consist of the Evolis
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
You also get a free card template library which you can view at www.badgy.com, where you can choose your template and personalize it, then add-on text, photos, logos, and whatever else you want. PRINTING ON DEMAND With the Badgy200, you can instantly print your own cards as you need them.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has a printing output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can import data from a database and add information to your card designs easily, in addition to launching a print run of your badges that include variable data with a single command.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer can create professional-quality, personalized plastic cards that have edge-to-edge printing, all while placing great emphasis on your company’s brand image.
EASY TO USE Once properly installed, the Badgy200 can be used just like a basic office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software allows you to control the printer from your computer, by receiving notifications. It’s very easy to install and recognize the Badgy print ribbons.
CONVENIENTLY SIZED! The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a standard sheet of paper, making it fit easily into any workspace.
- The Badgy200 is incredibly lightweight – only 9 pounds.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy helps you print your own customized badges in color, with professional-level quality, whenever and wherever you want. This solution allows for the instant production of personalized, secure cards for all kinds of applications.
- A Card Printer
In simple terms, you’re printing your cards on plastic instead of paper.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality whenever you want and wherever you want.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is versatile and simple to install, and it can easily be used just as you would use a standard office printer.
- The system is compact and lightweight, so it fits well into almost any office workspace.
- Badgy200 fulfills all your needs for graphic personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- Badgy200 can fulfill all of your printing card needs when instant card production or graphic personalization is required for single cards or small batches.
- Quickly print out reward or membership cards for customers, IDs for visitors and new employees, and more in rich color.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single-installation CD including Badge Studio software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- Design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows control of the printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Badgy.com hosts a variety of free card templates that allow you to quickly come up with a professional design for your cards and badges.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS consist of all of the supplies and printer accessories that you will need to get started right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD with the printer driver, the Badge Studio + software, and card template.
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution, ideal for low volume card printing applications. It’s a complete, all-in-one solution that’s perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy offers a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon loading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back of the printer.
There’s also an LCD control panel which makes for simple operation.
Quality and budget-conscious Badgy200 features photographic, full-color, quality prints capable of covering the plastic card’s whole surface. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Regardless of if you need to print one card or 100 cards, overall, the printing costs are much lower than normal and fit any budget.
Hibernation mode kicks in when the unit is idle and saves on power.
This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with two million colors.
This printer has a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour We printed in color while it’s monochrome speed is 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards whenever you need them, whether you’re printing in batches or one at a time. Print for things like: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges